Sunday, March 18, 2007

A New Name and Proof of Global Warming

Name change? So, our next door neighbors, Jeff and Debbie, think that my name is Susan. They've called me Susan on three occasions and I have yet to correct them. Once as I walked away with Maggie and was beckoned back to show Jeff the dog, once when Jeff got home from work and yelled, "Hey Susan" to me, and once to Justin..."Hey, we saw Susan walking the new puppy." Each time has seemed an inopportune time to correct them, so I just continue to let them call me by the OTHER most common 'S' name in America. I'm not sure how long I will be able to carry this out as we have been invited to join them in a backyard get together once the weather gets warm. But then again, warm weather may not really exist here...

Bipolar weather...Last week we had a 70 degree day that ended with a very brief 3.6 magnitude earthquake. The next day...SNOW and a tornado 40 miles away in a neighboring county! What the hell? The following day...massive rainstorms. This place is on crack. It's been in the thirties for four days straight now. Well, now that I have referred to the weather insensitively as bipolar and on crack, lets move on to the next subject, shall we.

Music: At this moment, I think people need to pay more attention to Amos Lee and Citizen Cope. They're both amazing. And while I dig Mat Kearney, he doesn't seem to need a shout out because he's doing pretty well commercially. So come on, find the love for those two! Oh, I also love this song called Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John. Listen to it!

Dreams: A friend of mine was recently put in a shitty position by her then boyfriend (also a friend of mine, but since that event, well, I'll keep my mouth shut), and I still haven't let the thought go that I want to call him and yell at him. But alas, it's not really my business EXCEPT for that he needs to give her something back so that she can actually come visit me! Well, I had a dream last night that he walked into a bar and I poured my drink all over him. I guess that will have to be my revenge for now.

Here's my sappy ode to you all: Being far away from Oregon again makes me realize how many great friends I have. Some I have known 17 years, others only one or two. Not to be a MySpace dork, but it has been a great way to keep me from going absolutely insane while I am 2400 miles away from all of you. I still get to watch babies get bigger and everyone's lives as they develop and change. Anyway, I just appreciate that I haven't been written off because I am so far away. Besides coming home on trips, I hope we will actually land back in Oregon for good one day. And remember, we have a couple of guest rooms here for visitors!

Alright, that's all for now. Congratulations to Robin for selling her old house and landing an awesome new one. I can't wait to see it! And to my sister Lexy who was hit in the face on a line drive last month, had to have surgery as a result last week, and still went on to pitch a no hitter this week for Utah State. She's hardcore. Have a great week all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, you really need to correct that name situation :-0