Monday, January 07, 2008

Dear Oregon, Stork, Dems, and Jack...

Dear Oregon,

Thanks for giving the Beavers a stellar football season. I always knew we were better than those Ducks.

Please give us some more days without rain. The sun would be a good accomplice to everyday right now too. Especially my birthday on Friday (that's a hint people...I only turn 30 once)!

Please HEAVILY consider speeding up this smokefree establishments movement so that I can go out and not have to overdramatically cough when people blow smoke in my face all night or take a shower when I get home (we ARE trying to make the world a greener place you know...at least until all the celebrities move on to a new cause).

Dear Stork,

Thanks for bringing me a new niece or nephew to hang out with this coming July. Twins would be good, but my sister Lexy and her husband Ben may want to try one kid to start with, so you decide.

Dear Democrats,

Please beat the Republicans over the next 11 months. I think we need a change in that whole mess that Mr. Bush and his pals have created. Screw executive power...get some competent people in office!

Dear Jack Johnson,

Thanks for coming out with your new CD Sleep Through the Static on February 5th. I already love the first song and will be in line at Borders to buy it when it comes out. Could you please be there so I can ogle you in real life for a while?

Love, Sarah

Oh, my song of the moment is Can't Complain by Nickel Creek...not Nickelback, Nickel Creek...the group that is actually talented and deserves radio airplay. Go listen to it.

2 comments:

m said...

You could probably find a bootleg of that new Jack Johnson CD somewhere in the ether of the internet underbelly if you looked hard enough.

People in the Sun said...

Damn, happy birthday!