Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Inside, Really?

Well, I'm waiting for it to get cooler outside so I can take Bailey on a walk. Figured I would write some new lines while I wait, because, as I learned a couple weeks ago, floating the river this late at night is a ridiculously freezing experience.

Taylor, so perfect: The new niece is still a load of sleeping fun (that's all she really does right now). I hosted a family event on Sunday to get pictures of everyone with her...there were over 20 people. I love the chaos that comes with being a part of a big extended family...especially because I grew up in a really small one. At one point, there were little kids running through my house SCREAMING chasing my brother in law...it sounded like thunder. Anyway, I just love it and feel grateful to be a part of it all.

Chew, then talk: Failing for a successful segue way...I'll just jump into this: I've decided my new pet peeve is people in commercials who eat and talk at the same time. Cereal companies, one of my favorite things in the world, tend to be particularly drawn to this. So, stop it already...chew your cereal, or wings from KFC, or fattening desserts AND THEN talk. I've known people in real life who do this too, so if you are one of them, feel free to take note too.

Portland summers: I forgot how great they are. Having missed one last year, I am pretty happy to be back enjoying all there is to do on the weekends and every night of the week. This city never runs out of cool events and restaurants. A couple new faves are Eastburn and, ahh, the next one is a secret, sorry.

Pay attention to actions: It was all over the news, but Randy Pausch, who wrote The Last Lecture died a couple weeks ago from pancreatic cancer. I still have Diane Sawyer's interview with him saved on my DVR from months ago. If you have time, go to the website and watch the speech or find the interview and watch it. His message is pretty simple, but I was still inspired by him.

La Musica for your ears: Notice by Gomez, Golden Age by Beck, All Alone by Gorillaz, Burn by Nine Inch Nails. Maybe it's just that it is summer, but I'm also partial to rap with big beats and inappropriate lyrics right now. So, go listen to Last Call by Big Boi, on Speakerboxx...and then just don't tell your mom or spouse I told you to. I listen to it for the beat and bass, not the lyrics, I swear. And like Michael Bolton in Office Space, I usually listen to it with my windows rolled up. All the way up.

Night.

No comments: