Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Rant Round Up After the Glee...

Okay, okay, I’ll start with the good news before I get to my vent. The Beavers look promising this year, I still LOVE my job, I love pretty much everything about my life right now. And, well, that‘s about it. Nothing I’m about to vent about relates directly to me because well, I don’t have anything to complain about. Yeah, yeah, you can be happy too, I swear…just stop wasting time on things that don’t fulfill you, surround yourself with people you love, and, ok, I’ll shut up now…but do give me advice on where I should go this winter for a trip…warm and sunny only…and invite yourself along if you can afford a ticket…I’m not kidding.

Alright, on with the rant…

This newscaster on CNN right now has the worst haircut and the biggest teeth I’ve seen in a long time…and she’s yelling everything she says, as if I can‘t hear her. If you don’t believe me, her name is Jane Velez-Mitchell. Try to watch for five minutes. She looks a little like Sonic the Hedgehog. Way to glorify abductions and child abuse too little lady.

Please take a cab, drunk bus, or have a designated driver this football and Oktoberfest season…as the Sonic the Hedgehog chick on CNN just yelled…“When you drive drunk, you are ALWAYS potentially a murderer.” Ok, maybe you’re not so bad Jane…I’m sorry for saying you have a bad haircut.

A message to diehard conservatives AND diehard liberals…listen to the many sides of every story, situation, and political issue before making baseless comments or jumping to conclusions. It’s absolutely okay to sway on issues, think for yourself, and not believe everything your political party believes or endorses. I promise the conservatives you won’t go to hell for thinking about something liberally. And I promise the liberals it’s okay to believe in God and have moments of conservative expectations for the world. Congratulations to those of you who already know this. If you don’t yet, work on it.

What’s with politicians and affairs? What’s with affairs period? If you don’t want to love and be faithful to the person you married, divorce them. You suck cheaters. Even you John Edwards…and to think I may have voted for you back in the day. Moral incompetence…life isn’t a soap opera. And nice ‘storytelling’ Duvall…way to ban gay relationships but then go screw around on your own wife…nice family values…you idiot.

Jon and Kate media mongrels…shut up! Kate was evil, Jon was a philanderer…as a radio show down here in Eugene said today…they’re both the scum of the earth…leave it at that and make them focus on their kids.

Every child I meet in foster care reminds me of the amazing resilience of kids in this world. I wish we didn’t have abuse, abductions, and murders. Children, adults, and families just don’t deserve to go through any of this. As always, those of us who work in social service would gladly celebrate the day our jobs are not needed anymore…I only wish there was a chance that could happen.

Song round up time: Only You Can Love Me This Way by Keith Urban, The Heart of Life by John Mayer, One Day by Matisyahu. And oh, I like Lady Gaga…I can’t help it…that stuff is dance worthy.

No comments: