Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ten Reasons I'm Always Taking Pictures

Besides being one of the most sentimental packrats this side of the US (yes, my friends and family are pretty awesome, as I mention from time to time), I've come up with a few other reasons that I am always blinding you with my flash bulb...

1) I need to remember you when you’re dead, likewise maybe you will remember me when I’m dead too. Ok, that’s cryptic. But, it’s nice to have pictures of the people I love who have passed on scattered around my house…it’s a reminder that they’re always with me, and also reminds me to never forget them.

2) Pictures made me find my dad again. The pics of my dad and I when I was a little kid made me realize something was off in all those stories my mom told me over the years about him being a monster…I always looked quite happy and ‘safe’ with the big 6’4” goofball…indeed, my intuition was correct and now I have the goofball, and his bad jokes, at my disposal any day of the week.

3) Reminders of what happened in Vegas, those crazy parties, and OSU football games where tailgating started too early.

4) Pictures make cheap decorations…and nothing is better than coming home to a bunch of your friends and family smiling at you from table tops and dressers.

5) Proof for my future children that Mommy embraced life on every level…just as they hopefully will too, when I decide to have these future children that is.

6) Validation when I go back and look at pics of ex-boyfriends and realize, “Wow, thank God I didn‘t marry that one!”

7) Validation when I go back and look at pics of ex-boyfriends and realize, “Ok, I get it right every now and then.”

8) Pictures make the best presents…I give them as gifts often.  Oh, and just in case you are wondering what to get me for holidays and my birthday.

9) I have to keep filling my ‘Favorite Photos of All Time” album with pics of the people I love…that album captures the absolute joys of my life.

10) For every ten crappy pictures I take, there is one true gem that will make me and others laugh and smile and remember the good times. So next time I am around, just sack up, smile, and say, “Cheese!” I promise to not shout out, "OMG, this is sooooo going on Facebook!"

No comments: