Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quotes from 2009, And a Mellow Shout Out

It‘s that time of year again when I dump my quotes from Facebook and start a new slate. 1) Don’t make fun of me because I am a quote junkie AND 2) Don’t be surprised if I actually start saying "no" more often. I feel a theme coming on that I like being in bed some nights by midnight. Wait, did I say it with conviction yet?! I’ll keep working on it. But really, one can’t always have a 100% attendance record right? Yes, I need some mellow time.

Ok, here is what I rounded up this year.

"Suddenly I realized - two people isn't enough. You need backup. If you're only two people, and someone drops off the edge, then you're on your own. Two isn't a large enough number. You need three at least." ~from About a Boy (not a 2009 quote, but still good)

"We're not going to talk about politics, we're not going to talk about NASA. What I am going to do is hang up the phone and say, you have a nice day." ~Clarence Cannon

"God has a plan for both of us....I really do believe that. As my mom said, "Dont give up five minutes before the miracle." ~one of my good friends

"Go push over that ceramic giraffe and scream "Lo Ciento!"" ~Jonathan in the PV airport

"Blood doesn't mean losing. Blood means blood." ~Stephen Johnson's UFC analysis

"Sarah, this side is like a musical because of you." ~Megan Vandecoevering after I sang that I was almost done for the day.

"Huh?! What?! Say it again! I just love how it sounds!" ~Jamey Kadaja imitating what he says I say every time he talks because he's so quiet and I'm so loud.

"Do unto others like you wanna be done. Look deep in your heart and know that we are one." ~Mason Jennings

"My eyes are hot! I mean literally, they're burning!" ~Amanda Sparks preparing for Little Black Dress Night...glittery makeup hurts!

Me: Jamey, everyone in this bar is 22.
Jamey: It's all a state of mind...how old are you?
Me: Twenty two.
Jamey: Damn right.

"I was the middle school weightlifting champion!" ~some guy at Kells. He also told me, "Owning a house is tough, tough! I have a gutter hanging from my house," with a blank stare on his face.

Other notable lines: “We’re going to the hot place” … “We’re going to Heaven” (sang swinging arms) … “Seriously?!” … “Sarah, your car is going to be up on blocks when we come back to it.” (at a bar in SE Portland) … “Rookie!!!” … “Hiiiii Cow!” … “Hiiii Tunnel!” … “Would you shut up?! I’m talking to God!” … “Hi, this is your friend Clarence and he misses you.” ... "We can kayak instead of going to church because God is on the water with us right?!"

Annnnd, a song. From the movie The Blind Side…Chances by Five For Fighting. Let me love it. It’s a song that goes from hopeless to hopeful, and makes me think.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: