Thursday, January 12, 2006

Even Time

So, it's 2006 and I just turned 28 yesterday. I prefer even years to odd ones for no particular reason other than they seem easier to remember. Last year, I had to think every time someone asked me how old I was. True, it shouldn't be that hard, but oh well.

I am a little behind on updating this thing, but plan to get the ball rolling again this weekend. It's a new year, and my life changed A LOT in 2005, so I am thinking about starting a whole new blog. I could 'pull a Marcus' and do what he did last year after he had a particularly annoying winter and erased 90% of his blog entries, but that's not me...I am a packrat, a keeper, I rejoice in memories good, bad, and bizarre. This is not to say that I think Marcus was wrong to erase his blog...I really think I am just pissed because his writing was so good last year and I would love to go back and be able to read his entries.

This aside, I occasionally DO go back and read my entries and realize that 2005 was a big deal, that I MOSTLY made good decisions for myself. I am astounded by some of what I wrote in here...there are definitely many 'What was I thinking?' moments. But really, I embrace what my year was...pretty damn good overall.

That said, I think I am ready for something new and cut off from the past, so stay tuned.

Alright, gotta continue on with my birthday week. I find it best to celebrate as many times as you can, so it's on to fun night #3 tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! *MUAH*
Miss you, Bill and Jess!!!

-Vince

Benjamin said...

Happy belated birthday!

Jay Bee said...

Sarah,

As my cousin said: "Welcome to 28. Enjoy your stay." It's been good hear so far and thanks again for the e-mail. If work is not too busy tomorrow (which, now that I've said it, probably will be) then I'll reply. I gave you props on my blog. I hope you have an awesome birthday week!

JB

m said...

Sometimes you really dislike a part of your life and want to erase all traces of it. No matter how well one writes self depricating humor about a shitty chain of events...well, I just had to do it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!

I agree that it's good to keep up the other stuff in your blog. Sometimes, I think it's good to go back and see where you came from.

Hope to see you again sometime soon!