Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Turtle Birthday!


The first snapping turtle started hatching on Monday night and climbed out of his shell this afternoon. He is a little camera shy and I figured it would be mean of me to go all paparazzi on him and try to get a better shot by making him pose or yelling his name (which he doesn't have yet). So for now, you get this shot of his back turned to me. Of course, you also get to see turtle #2 hatching...it seems to take about a day for them to come completely out of their shells. I'll release these two in a few days together and then continue to pair them and release them as they hatch. Stay tuned for more pics of the rest of the bunch.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh. I'm an auntie! That is so cool. I can't believe the tiny turtles are soooooo cute. What do they eat?