Monday, June 23, 2008

Ghetto Scrabble, Cat Power, and Other Stuff

I was going to write about my Friday night of playing Ghetto Scrabble with some good friends, but just couldn't figure out a way to tell the story of the game that would make it PC and appropriate. The farthest I will explain is that some of the decent words and phrases thrown down included PHYTBOEL, UAXINFOLVN, and DATZFORU. So, on that note, I will just say we laughed a lot, and...here are some updates from the life of me...

Gas prices are killing everyone. Driving 80 miles to and from work everyday has me feeling the pain. Will it effect where I live eventually? Maybe. That's all I can say at the moment.

I opened my golfing season Sunday with some free golf. Good thing it was free because I was terrible. But, I did get a double bogey on a Par 5 and a triple bogey on a Par 4. Trust me...that is GREAT for me. It'll get better.

A friend of mine just passed on a ton of good music to me. The best is this band from the UK called Cat Power. I love them. Figure out how to get some of their music and LISTEN to it.

Still awaiting 'girl baby no name' from Lexy and Ben. Some hybrid names have come up that are pretty good. My favorite is definitely Lexamin. It sorely beats my creation of Belexy. My father continues to call her something I can't even remember at the moment because it is just so terrible, though I think he is convinced that 'Ducky' is in the running.

Yeah, so that's about all I feel the need to report on at the moment. Life has been good lately. I love being around all these great people everyday who make me smile and remember why I am in Oregon.

Oh, and of course, love to GDD today. I'll mention it every year just so no one ever forgets. Love you always.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I've never heard of Ghetto Scrabble. Was that made up by you? One of your friends? Or is it something that "lots" of people do? It sounds like the perfect party game. I can hardly wait to try it. NOSHIZ.