Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Some of the Good Things

Here's a short list of the good things going on in my life or that you should be paying attention to. It's nothing deep, and you don't have to pay attention to my life, but some of the suggestions are good ones:

Pandora: Simply the most amazing place for free music. It makes playlists based on one key song. They're always great, and you can tailor them to your liking. Try it out.

We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank by Modest Mouse: In heavy rotation during my weekly commute when I get tired of my iPod. One of my favorite songs so far...Parting of the Sensory

My Fourth of July weekend: It was good. That's all. Quality time with a myriad of people from Thursday to Sunday.

Lunch with the girls: Every Wednesday, I get together with three of my closest girlfriends for lunch. It's a chance for us to catch up and ogle the cute baby who joins us. It also reminds me that friendships are precious and having time with these girls is a great thing. I suggest you get something like this going if you haven't already.

My family: I have to admit, I still feel like I am getting to know them at times. But one thing I do know is that I belong in this crazy group of people and I love my time with them. I still wish my older brother would meet my dad. Maybe one day.

The weather: I'm sitting outside writing this at 8:30 and it's 85 degrees with a warm breeze. Can't beat that.

And, here's a song worth listening to: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. Sure, it's taking over the airwaves right now, but there's a reason...it'll make you smile.

And, that's all for now.

No comments: