Sunday, November 16, 2008

Keith Olbermann is Awesome...

It's been two weeks since election night, and Prop 8 passing in California is still bothering me. I spent all of that evening flipping back and forth between election result websites for California and Oregon, thankful that most of the ballot measures in Oregon went my way, but irritated to no end that Prop 8 in California just kept collecting Yes votes. I know I devoted the majority of my last post to this...but I just don't get why anyone cares who can and can't marry. Who are we 'protecting' by denying anyone the right to marry? I don't need to really write anything more about it, but I hadn't seen this clip yet, and Keith Olbermann captures perfectly how the human race should think about this subject. Pay attention to it...if you don't support same sex marriage now, maybe one day you will change your mind...

2 comments:

People in the Sun said...

I saw it and loved it as well. But I can't see these people being convinced by a "What's it to you" argument. Either they'll be forced to go along with the flow of history, just like segregationists had to, or like Dan Savage said, most of the Yes voters are old, and they will soon be dead.

Sarah said...

Love this comment thread from my Facebook where I posted this video too:

First, Vic said..."Keith Obershithead must die, f-ing commie!" I am wondering if he actually watched the video, because I am hoping he is smarter than that.

Next, Gwyn said..."Yeah...not sure how he is a commie! He is not the one trying to rule others lives. Great VID Sarah!!" Gwyn is smart.

Then, her husband Stephen said, in reply to Vic..."Great video.

To whoever made the other comment, really, seriously, did you actually listen to what he just said? I mean granted, all of these media talking heads are kind of tools, but really, on this post, on this issue?

Eh, what's the use. Just go back to your dumb-as-we-want-to-be, SUV driving, fake conservative ignorant hole and dont bother... Read More the rest of us. After all, imposing your will on others just because you dont like them, or the person who controls your ideology for you says so, has a long history of success. It worked for Hitler, right?" Stephen is obviously just as smart as his wife. Love them!

Then, Gwyn said again, "OOWWCH!"

And, finally, I said..."I'd have to agree that Stephen and Gwyn are right on this one. Vic, I think Keith was very warranted on every word he uttered...wanting people to spread love and hoping for equal rights does not make one a Commie...I found Olbermann to be pure genius in this 'speech'...I almost cried because he didn't only hit on gay marriage...he hit on MUCH more than that. Stephen, love the boldness, LOVE IT!"

people in the sun, I agree a lot of people still aren't going to be convinced...but I hope it changes some minds...terrifyingly, I know a lot of people my age who voted yes...and I am guessing they have long lives left.