Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Slacker Me and Wind-Up Dogs

I am still irritated that we got snowed in up here in Portland on Sunday and lost a day of useful holiday prep time. I even took a personal day on Monday to grieve the loss. Anyway, here's what I have to say at the moment...

I have decided not to send off Holiday cards this year. Really, this lies completely on the fact that Christmas has snuck up on me and I have run out of time. I didn't even put up my little fake alpine Christmas trees and decorate them...I just went to Hallmark, picked up the annual ornament, and then tossed it down at home.

That doesn't mean I am missing the Christmas spirit, though I am pretty convinced that Peacock Lane in Portland is out of the loop. I went on a family adventure on Monday night with my dad and that crew (uh-huh, ten of us rolling in a huge white van) to view this once amazing spectacle of lights and holiday cheer. Gotta say that the effort and warmth of the street has diminished greatly since my last viewing in 1995. What is that about?

In other completely unrelated news, my roomies have decided to purchase a puppy. Make that a wind-up toy. Yes, two pound, seven week old Max has joined the household. He is a long haired Chihuahua, and he is actually really cute. Tomorrow, Jess will travel to Medford to pick up ANOTHER wind-up toy...a Maltese puppy, probably about two pounds too. We got a picture of Bailey behind Max, and Max is about the size of Bailey's snout. Bay shows little interest in Max actually, but having two in the house may bring out his herding genes...stay tuned. I am guessing that the puppy thing will be a much more successful venture than their attempt at a pet last year...Lola, the indoor Pygmy goat that sprayed poo pellets all over the house and head butted people. She made for great video, but that's about it.

On Friday, I get to meet Justin's sister Jennifer (hmm, I have one of those too). She is coming from Oklahoma and bringing her twin five month old son and daughter along for the week. I have been helping to set up baby stuff and have to say that for baby stuff, some of it is incredibly complicated. How about another what's that about? I guess babies aren't putting the stuff together, but come on already!

Alright, I may not get around to this again before the holiday madness really sets in sooooo, have a great Christmas, or whatever you prefer to celebrate or not celebrate. Be safe, be happy, and spend time with all the people who really matter to you. That's what I will be doing.

2 comments:

m said...

Chihuahuas are really cute...until you step on them in the middle of the night when you're stumbling through the dark on the way to the bathroom. Anyhow, enjoy the holidays and try not to get stressed out. I have heard that "holiday stress" is a symptom of not drinking enough NOG. Happy holidays.

Anonymous said...

=-=spend time with all the people who really matter to you. That's what I will be doing. =-=

Hmmmm well, ok...

1. I don't matter as much as I think I do. How sad :(

2. You are surprising me with a Christmas visit.

3. You would be coming for that surprise visit if you hadn’t spent all of your travel $ on a very cool, expensive gift for me.

If the answer is not exactly 2 or 3 I will be very disappointed in you sis ;)

xoxo