Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Twenty Days Later

Hmm, 20 days since the last post. Figured I should just write something, whether or not it is exciting!

It's been a semi busy 20 days. My sister Lexy was out visiting from Utah with her husband, so family activities were a plenty including dinner with fourteen people and a night of pool (wow Dad, you REALLY are good at pool!). I also had my girl's night in Salem with a crew of high school girls. We brushed up on who's who in the yearbook and tried hard to embarrass each other with stories from our dramatic days at North. I have been slacking on the job apps, but did get accepted again by DHS for interview referrals and think I will probably end up going the way of the state worker.

Here is what's coming up:

My ten year high school reunion...I'll be running around Salem the weekend of June 16th to catch up with old faces. Once again, I actually enjoyed high school, so I am excited for all the stupid events and hob nobbing.

Jessica's bday party...This weekend marks year 28 for Jess with a bizarre bash in her backyard complete with a Metallica cover band, and apparently, a big tub of pudding to wrestle in. Yeah, that part doesn't sound very appealing to me. Oooh, I have matured so much in the past year.

New projects with Justin...We built a walk in closet (well, I helped) and plan to build a bed soon. Justin has a smattering of projects that deserve their own post, so I will write that soon. They include a self designed leaf blower extension that reaches the highest rafters of the roof...very interesting.

My kids leave...With the end of the school year coming, a lot of my clients head home to their families for good. It's scary to cut the ropes on my little former juvenile delinquents, but I have high hopes for the ones who have earned the chance to go home and prove themselves successful.

Oh, and proof I am really getting old. I had one of my 14 year old clients in the car with me and he was running my iPod. He selected I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight by Cutting Crew. I said, "Wow, you actually like this song." And he said, "Oh yeah, I just love oldies." Ouch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He selected I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight by Cutting Crew. I said, "Wow, you actually like this song." And he said, "Oh yeah, I just love oldies." Ouch.

Yeah, hilarious, huh? I also find it interesting that music from our generation is so popular with many of the high school kids I meet.

At least when I was in high school (1987-1991), existing pop was QUITE popular (along with the usual smattering of Zeppelin, the Dead, Pink Floyd, etc.) Now, when I go on high school retreats as an adult mentor, I find quite a few kids who aren't terribly nuts about the current crop of pop releases, and who have chronologically diverse tastes.

Either they're getting smarter or current pop music is just that bad. For sure, I'd say it's a little of both.

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh... there you are. I thought you had given up blogging for good. You've got to quit saying you're old it's giving your older sister a complex.

~ A would-be avid reader (when there's stuff to read).

P.S The in-laws send their love. Ha haaaaa. Of course they don't. In fact I'll call you with some interesting comments made about you soon.