Friday, June 02, 2006

The Battle for the Birds and In Laws

Well, Wes will be happy to know that a pair of ducks have landed in in our neighborhood again. Justin, as you will see, is particularly excited this time:

Justin: So when you got home, were my ducks in the yard, or did you scare them away?
Me: What? I didn't scare them away. They were in our neighbor's yard.
Justin: What? The neighbor's yard?! When I went to the store they were over there, so I went in and got bread and made a trail of it to our yard. When I got back from the store, they were in our yard again.
Me: You are competing for the attention of the ducks with our neighbor!?
Justin: Yeah, I even put on my Ducks shirt so that they would notice. (This is a lovely bright yellow shirt with MIGHTY OREGON emblazoned across it in green).

Justin also suggests that we methodically plan Bailey's bathroom trips so as not to scare the new couple who are settling in. They seem to be bouncing back and forth between our yard and next door, so hopefully, Justin will win this battle of the birds...I don't really think our neighbor really cares though.

On another note, I feel pretty sorry for my sister right now. Her mother-in-law from hell is in town (if you don't believe that she is bad, read my sister's posts). This woman has an odd need to talk about me, is terribly conservative and ignorant, and irritates my sister to no end. No offense Jennifer, but I am glad they aren't my in-laws.

So, for my sister, I recommend that everyone go listen to Lord Kill the Pain by Red House Painters and think of ways my sister can survive another 2 weeks with the in-laws.

No comments: