Thursday, September 18, 2008

Princess 'Hater' Sarah's Thoughts

I haven't posted much randomness lately, but I am taking a 'sanity day' off from work tomorrow and have a little time on my hands. So, here are some of my most recent thoughts, in no particular order...

Sarah Palin: My name (that'd be Sarah...come on, stick with me) meant 'princess' until this chick came along and ruined it. You know, I wouldn't have a problem with her if she wasn't such a hater. Yes, I used the word 'hater' to describe Sarah Palin...she just DIGS for dirt and slams...so not princess like. And, I hate her mouth, and her guns. Please change your name Mrs. Governor Who Thinks She Is Sooooo Above Community Organizers. Moving on....

The Soup: I watch about an hour of TV per week (unless it's Saturday in the fall, like now...I will watch HOURS of college football games, who cares which team...not sure where this obsession came from, but I love college football and have for years). Alright, back to my point...I don't need to watch more than an hour because The Soup captures all of what's on and makes fun of it. They've recently added Spaghetti Cat and I actually laugh out loud, alone, on my couch when they show him.

Ohhh Esss Yooo: Nothing beats watching college football on TV like actually being at the game. And, I finally made my way down to see my Beavers play on Saturday. When your tailgater cook brings a deep fryer, BBQ, and caters to your every food desire, you know you're in for a good day. And when your team wins and you are surrounded by a bunch of people you adore, it's golden. Needless to say, we had a blast.

The Doug Fir: If you ever get a chance to see a show here, go. Last night, I had the opportunity to see Federico Aubele there, and a few weeks back saw Rogue Wave. The acoustics are fantastic and you're no more than twenty feet from the stage because it's tiny (and non-smoking, thanks).

That Guy: In August, I put up an entire post on That Guy. Well, my buddy Ryan read it and then decided he just couldn't be friends with such an idiot and quit returning TG's phone calls and won't hang out with him. Ha, I love it. So, I never have to see TG again. Sadly, that will mean no more stories about him, but I can live with that.

People in the Sun: Another plug for someone far away who I have never met, but started reading a long time ago. This is a genius writer! He perfectly captured my feelings about the Republican Convention is this amazing piece. If you want to look at how we should remember parts of the past, read this one on 9/11. And if you want to know what a marriage should look like, read this one about his wife of eleven years. I'm telling ya, if he writes a book, I will be first in line to buy it. Sorry People in the Sun, I have to keep dropping the hints to write a book.

Work: Has suddenly turned into a weekly inferno of kids blowing out and running away (hence the 'sanity day' off tomorrow). And, since their info is incredibly confidential, that's about all I can say...other than...quit bitching about your own life until you've walked AN INCH in the shoes of my kids...their resilience amazes me everyday. Pray for them if you like, think about them...do whatever you think is appropriate. Just don't judge them or assume that they can't change the cycles of their past and what's been dealt to them. They can. We can. I did. Many of them will too. I truly like this job, and I am glad I landed in it, even if I get exhausted from time to time. It's what I am meant to do.

Songs to Listen To: Mona Lisa by Guster, Pass Me Over by Anthony Hamilton, Never Gonna Come Back Down by BT and M Doughty, and anything on Matt Nathanson's or Amos Lee's new CDs. Matt Nathanson will probably bore most of you to death, but I like it. Big Head Todd is kind of captivating me lately too. Oh, if anyone knows of this song that sounds like Kanye West and Mat Kearney singing together, get back to me and tell me who it is and what it is called. I want it.

Alright, that's enough ADD for now, thanks for reading.

3 comments:

m said...

What does Jonathan think of TG? Do you have a picture of TG? You should post it and let people download it for a Photoshop contest.

People in the Sun said...

Hey, thank you so much. You should be my agent.

And you know, funny enough, I have my next post planned--it will be called "Not that I am, but if I were:" and it will just have a large picture of Joel McHale.

Sarah said...

Marcus, Jonathan was completely overwhelmed by TG and I think wanted to kill him. No pics of him...Jon may still have handprints on his neck from his neck rub...ewwww.

People in the Sun, I will start gearing myself toward a career as an agent and take you on! And, do know, that I have a innocent crush on Joel McHale, so I may have to click on your page several times to look at him...he is cute and his delivery and demeanor cracks me up!