Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Realtor Made My Bed Yesterday...

I usually don't post twice in one week, or more than once every two or three weeks for that matter...but, I am waiting twenty more minutes to go and trample some bleachers down at the school and felt like writing.

My roomie is selling our house. This does not excite me at all because I love my house and my roomies, but, it must be done. The upside to this is that if I forget to make my bed, the realtor comes in and makes it for me...and I really like how she arranges my pillows. The downside is that in the meantime (which could apparently be six to nine months because of the terrible housing market) our house kind of reminds me of the demo they lived in on Arrested Development...everything is perfectly in place, we have roses on our counter, those blue shoe covers at our door, a canister of tootsie rolls, and a schedule for open houses on the weekend that includes 'baking cookies'...hmm, maybe That Guy and Other That Guy will come over and help. We also have to 'hide out' on occasion if people come to look at the house. That said, I'll probably start looking for a new place to live sometime in early 2009...in the Portland area.

I decided to quit caffeine this week, and failed today. And no, it is NOT because I have a lot of Mormon family members (they almost all drink caffeine in my family and my extended family by the way). The reason I quit is that I only drink diet soda and have heard that stuff is horrible for you, so I figured that I'd just quit and dump caffeine too. Well, my friend Robin, who has analyzed me in her therapist ways the majority of our eighteen year friendship and is convinced I have ADD, has said before that caffeine actually helps me to focus. After four days without it and one huge Venti Green Tea Latte today, I figured out she is right...I feel a lot more on track again. So, I'm back in caffeine land, plus the green tea, minus the diet soda chemicals.

On that note, I apologize to anyone who spent any amount of time with me since Friday afternoon...I probably talked a million sentences a minute, fidgeted like mad, and ignored everything you said to me.

So, lastly, I will just mention that I missed my 'dad' this week. Well, I missed both my dads, but by this dad, I mean Robin's dad Steve. It seems to be a recurring thing for me still, but it was his birthday last week, OSU football season is in full swing, and we've been playing Tom Petty at work a lot. I know I mention it a lot, but I am not sure where I would have ended up without him.

Okay, so real dad, as I mentioned, I miss you too and I promise to come to dinner next Sunday (yes, my dad is a devoted reader of my blog). I love you a ton and am still so glad that we get all this time together. I can't imagine what life would be like without you and the crew now.

That's all for now. Songs to listen to: Blazing Arrow by Blackalicious, Live Your Life by TI and Rihanna...yes, TI and Rihanna...stop makng fun of me.

1 comment:

m said...

Diet soda is bad news. Try drinking seltzer water or Talking Rain to ween yourself. The carbonation has a lot to do with the addiction as well. You might be surprised how sparkling water will quench your desire. Think of all the great and inexpensive bottled/canned tea products that you could switch to! Maybe you could even get a little seltzer bottle (the ceramic ones with the C02 cannister attached) and put green tea into that!