Thursday, October 16, 2008

Instant Reactions of the Week

Because going to bed before midnite appears something I am not capable of at this time in my life, here is some useful, useless, and Sarah'ish information, whatever that means...

1) Watching debates on Wednesday proved easily to me that I didn't need to watch them to make my decision. And Bama is Obama, not Alabama. And yes, I am voting for him. I will not give my opinion on who you should vote for, but it starts with an O, ends with an A, and has a 'BAM!' in the middle. I just wanted to write BAM! Whoo, I feel better.

2) If you have to list 'it's complicated' as your relationship status, it's not a relationship or you are too stupid to figure that out at the moment. Don't worry, while I've never actually put that up, I sure as hell have been there, so don't feel bad. I prefer listing nothing, because no one really cares, and if they do, they'll ask. That's when you tell them you are a badass who is eventually looking for a real relationship that's not 'complicated.' Or you tell them that you are a crazed fan of solidarity and 'uncomplicatedness.' Either way, it's a winner.

3) On Sunday morning I went to the Hotcake House again. I can see an obsession with this place brewing. Thanks to my buddy Bruce for showing me the way to breakfast Heaven.

4) Try taking five kids to prison in a minivan all the while blasting 107.5 (Top 40 crap rap) and see if you still want kids afterward. Bizarrely enough, I think it's cute when my little 7 year old terrors are singing along to this crap. How the hell do they know all the words?!

5) My very wonderful friend Brian Nelson comes storming through town for ten days starting this weekend. I can't wait for him and his steel jaw to arrive.

6) The Office is awesome this year, and if you disagree, "You are a thief of joy." And if that makes no sense, you just aren't paying enough attention this season.

7) Halftime at Beaver games is best riding through Corvallis on, or thrown over, the shoulders of a friend who can shotput people. Thanks Tom.

8) I had the 'pleasure' of taking the most boring and ignorant person in the world back to Portland after the Beavers game on Saturday. He goes to my gym too, and he is so boring, I didn't even recognize him when he passed me at the gym. He sat in the MU at OSU watching football for three hours before the game on Saturday. Who the hell does that when they are in their college town on gameday?!

9) My roommate's girlfriend made a sign, dressed up in a gawdy wig, bright pink boots, makeup, and a green dress, and yelled, "Welcome home Will" over and over as he arrived down the escalator at the airport from a business trip on Monday. They compete to see who can embarrass the other the most. I think that is so damn adorable.

10) Howie Day is a badass in disguise of a top 40 ballad singer. I've used the word badass twice in this post...and damn, that makes it three. Anyway, go listen to Morning After by him.

11) We'll end on my favorite number...goodnite.

No comments: