Saturday, February 11, 2006

Sad News

Robin's dad passed away on Thursday afternoon. He had a tear in his aorta. It was sudden and unexpected.

Steve was the closest thing I had to a dad for most of my life, and he always referred to me as his other daughter. He was a great father figure and I am sad that my own dad will never meet him. I still don't feel like writing much about it yet, but I will miss him a lot.

People are selfless when loved ones die. Yesterday morning when Robin called to tell me, she apologized to me for her own father's passing. I asked her why she was telling me sorry, and she said she knew how important he was to me. Robin is an amazing person and I know this will be harder for her than it will be for anyone else.

I spent yesterday with Robin and her mom and stepdad at their house in Sublimity. It was a hard day, but we were able to smile about a lot of good memories...he provided a ton of those for me, and I thank him for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah~ I just heard and I had to see how you were holding up. I'm so sorry for your loss. Steve was a great man and I have many happy memories from the time I spent at Robin's house. ~Louise