Monday, February 20, 2006

Sun and Cup Noodles

I figured that I needed to get a new post up, so I am going to start by mentioning that it has been sunny here in typically cloudy Oregon for DAYS now. It's surprising and I love it.

To coincide with the weather, I will recommend a song...Brighter Than Sunshine by Aqualung. It's mainstream, irritates my boyfriend (but reminds me of him), and is overplayed, but I love it anyway. Speaking of boyfriend, I will give some love to his alma mater, the UNC Tar Heels. The boys continue to look pretty good for how young they are and even hold a rank right now. It's nice to have someone to root for since we all know how unspectacular my Beavers are in basketball. Eeeegh.

I have also been cruising through this Scrubs site to find new artists to listen to because I love most of the music they play on the show. The creator of this site finds every song title and artist and posts it by episode. So far, Michael Tolcher, Josh Radin, and Cary Brothers have caught my ear. Cary Brothers are on the Garden State soundtrack of course, and that gives them some plus points.

Robin's dad is still on my mind quite a bit. I wonder why the people with the biggest hearts get taken so soon. Steve had a huge impact on me. I know I wouldn't have made it through my high school years successfully without his support. He just carried that through to my adulthood too. His memorial services are coming up, and I am sure the thoughts that I have will be echoed by many. He was just a great man. He was also a regular at the Portland Blues Festival and assisted in expanding my musical horizons, so go download some Tom Petty, Chris Rea and some Blues or Zydeco music and think of him for a while.

And now for an interesting fact, which I am guessing most people overlook, just like me...there is no soup called Cup of Noodles...it is simply labeled Cup Noodles. Justin pointed this out to me last night at the store when I declared "I want a Cup of Noodles." I for one, have never heard it called by it's appropriate name. Am I a better person for knowing this? Probably not. Will I ever remember to call it Cup Noodles? Probably not.

Lastly, I send my regards out to Kim, who I hope is feeling better this week. I am still debating which was worse: Coach or car? Coach or car? I am just glad that you are okay and hope that doesn't happen to you again.

Oh, happy belated birthdays to my nephew Cedar and half-brother Kyle who turned 5 and 15 on February 16th, respectively. And Marlene, who celebrated a mystery age on February 17th. Next up is Bailey on the 28th. He turns 6, which translates to OLD in people years. But the dog will live forever. At least that's my plan.

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Will I ever remember to call it Cup Noodles? Probably not.

Don't be so sure. It's trivial knowledge like this that unavoidably makes us snobs. Like knowing proper grammar. If you're aware, you'll start wanting to point it out everytime somebody is wrong. I mean, why did Justin point it out to you? I think it's safe to assume he couldn't resist, no?

Anonymous said...

Much to my shock, the Nissin web site really does say Cup Noodles.

Damn brains and their interpolation habits!