Monday, May 07, 2007

Help Plan My Trip and Have Some Trix

Well, my sister called me after my last post to make sure I was okay. Apparently my tone was a little short and angry. In response, yep, I am fine. I just occasionally have a hard time when I have to be around stupid people. By choice, I try to limit my interactions with stupid people. But since I don’t live in a box, I will always have to DEAL with it right?

In other news, I am still trying to figure out a good time to come home. It seems like Memorial Day weekend and the surrounding time is pretty open for everyone I want to see, so it may be toward then and then some of June (as Jess has requested me to be home for her birthday). Let me know people.

So, I am quitting my job right before I leave for my trip. As some know, the current gig’s human resources department wouldn’t agree to a fair amount of vacation in my first couple of years…who can survive on one week a year for two years!? A quote I love: “Life is not work. It can’t be. It shouldn’t be.” Maybe the social service industry spoiled me, but I can’t sack up and live with no vacation. What is with the crappy American business vacation expectations anyway? And maternity leave? People, we can’t settle for it!

Okay, no more complaining. Here is some stuff that I am really excited about right now:

1) Trix cereal dropped the fruity shapes and converted back to round puffs of fruity goodness. Seriously folks, this is important to a cereal connoisseur like me.
2) Frisbee golf…We have an awesome course 2 miles from our house. It’s such a fun thing to do when the weather is nice. Speaking of…
3) The weather has been GREAT here. The trees are all blooming, the grass is green, and the sun has been pretty constant. A nice change that makes me realize I can handle living in Ohio.
4) My neighbors know that my name isn’t Susan now. We went to a get together at their house on Friday night, so the alternate name was blown. Well, I actually didn’t mind being Susan, but oh well.
5) Maggie is only 17 weeks, but already 30 pounds. She is virtually house trained too. Pretty smart puppy so far.
6) My trip home to Oregon! I may have to be a bit of a TRIPZILLA and plan a lot instead of flying by the unscheduled seat of my pants like I usually do. Anyone want to go to Seaside for a day?

That’s all for now.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha ha...ha and a few more ha, ha, ha...That's a good joke about you actually planning your trip. You know instead of winging it like you've been known to. Let us know how that works out for you.

Bungz said...

ahem... here as part of this 'Get Sarah back from Ohio' campaign launched by you sister...

It's awesome to have sisters.

Jennifer said...

Listen to the people Sarah...well so far Bungi and me. Yeah Bungi!!!

Jay Bee said...

"who can survive on one week a year for two years!?"

definitely not me! i hope your OR trip plans go well, but the question must be asked: "how are your HI trip plans going?" it would be great to see you there!

JB