Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Time to Love Spoon

And no, not the type that scoops my cereal...here is the Good and Not So Good...plenty of it too...

GOOD: Beavers win the College World Series 2 years in a row, Tar Heels boyfriend left defeated and pouting again (well, that part may not be good, but he'll get over it).

NOT SO GOOD: Humidity. Especially, 92 degree weather with high humidity. Smooth shiny hair isn't much of a trend out here.

GOOD: John Legend, Amos Lee, Rogue Wave, and now, Spoon...nothing brand new...but all so worth your ears!

NOT SO GOOD: That song by a 17 year old kid about committing suicide if she doesn't love him. Really bad. No clue who sings it. He kind of sounds like Akon (who is such a winner himself...have you heard his apology song? What a dumb shit).

GOOD: Golf...hate watching it, but really like playing it. Suburban life is swallowing me whole. Someone check my insides for robotic features.

NOT SO GOOD: Suburban teenagers with really nice cars that they drive really fast through the neighborhood on summer nights. Was I once that teen? Wait, we were worse...we did that in really crappy cars and egged houses. Gosh, I feel guilt.

And on a serious note of NOT SO GOOD...Abuse and domestic violence. Even one incident makes the list too long. A pro wrestler just killed his wife, child, and then himself. Here in Ohio, a boyfriend is under arrest for suspicion of killing his nine months pregnant girlfriend (and apparently assaulting her in front of their two year old). It's a true mess. What can we do to change it?

Oh and I forgot to mention in my last post on 6/23...love to GDD. If you knew him, you loved him.

Song of the moment: I Turn My Camera On by Spoon. Listen and like!

No comments: