Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Collection of Quotes, Mostly From 2008

Quotes I like that I am dumping off my Facebook because it's a new year and it's getting to be too many...so here they are:

"Once you're connected with someone, time and space become irrelevant." ~sideon...I have never met this guy, but it sums up how I think about everyone.

"The most violent element in society is ignorance." ~Emma Goldman...on a bumper sticker on a hippie car of course...love it.

Wes: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Sitting in the sun."
Wes: "I knew it!" ~Wes and I, 2006...I like to rub this one in every year.

"We can't change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch...I hate pancreatic cancer, and losing great people like this guy.

"Women are crazy. Men are assholes." ~David Gonzales...thanks for the accurate analysis.

"Prove it!" ~Kirack...and occasionally I do, though I prefer 'do nothing' days if the sun is not out.

"If I never give up, I will eventually succeed." ~a child welfare caseworker...the video surrounding this quote made me cry...I guess I do really love my job, most days.

"Sarah, you make Pollyanna look like a pessimist!" ~Megan Vandecoevering...thanks Megan, I liked that one.

"I want a pet penguin and a doggie door on the fridge so he can go upstairs and go to sleep." ~Jonathan Albright...always random.

"It just creeps me out that he has cats!" ~Jessica Anderson...What?! What about the fact that he had no sense of smell, almost no furnitiure in his house, and showed up unannounced at a bar I was at because he was in the neighborhood "seeing a play"...really?! But yes, this all affirmed I will never be a cat person if the other half doesn't know how to clean up after his cats.

"You two live in your own little autistic world that no one will ever understand." ~Kimmie Harding...I know, I know. Thanks for reminding me of the last ten years of my life with one of my favorite BFF's. And yes, I just used the term BFF.

"If I had opposable thumbs, I'd choke you!" ~Courtney Mattson regarding what a cat thinks when its owners dress it up in a costume.

"You're writing with the wrong hand." ~a gas station attendant in Oakley, Utah...don't try to be left handed in the sticks...this is old, like 2004

"Does anyone want to go down to the natural gas leak and smoke with me?" ~Amber Smith...maybe this was a particularly hard day at work?!

"Dad, how about telling a joke from this century!" ~Kyle Hadenfeld...our dad tells some real winners, but I usually laugh because my jokes are generally just as bad.

Happy belated new year.

No comments: