Monday, March 23, 2009

Dizzy Talk

Well, I've been dizzy on and off for three days from some mystery something, but, it's time for some updates on the life of me and the lives of the ones I adore...

Violet...I hope you are here and we just haven't heard yet!!!

My little brother Scott got engaged to Christi last Thursday. Sure, he's only 21, has me beat by ten years in the whole engagement endeavor (okay, I was engaged once, but the whole follow through to the altar obviously didn't happen), and also spurred the awesome question from my father, "So, honey, when are you going to follow suit?" That all won't change the fact I'm happy about it...I'm pretty fond of officially adding another great person to the family. Congratulations guys.

On the wedding track...today I went to the wedding of my old friend Brian Beck. His new wife Heather has a son, and they included him in the ceremony, bought him a ring, and inscribed it with his new name (he's taking Brian's last name). I thought that was such a great idea to include him like that. Congrats Brian, Heather, and Casey...you guys make a cute family.

I only have a few weekends until Vegas. This year, we've got 24 people going. Last year was a blast, and I imagine this year will be just the same, if not better. I really need that break from work right about now, and the sunshine too...

Really, I have nothing more to write about right now other than that I'm pretty thankful for where my life is at the moment, the friends I have, and the family that seems to keep getting bigger and bigger everyday. I may exhaust people by saying that, but, I'm happy for all of this, everyday, and I kind of think that the day I start taking it for granted is the day that I'm not me anymore.

Last words...

A cute quote that I'll publish without giving away the author, other than that she's pre-kindergarten and was saying this to one of her favorite people..."Will you SHUT UP, I'm talking to God right now!" There's other quotes from her that floor me as well, but, that's the only one I'm offering up to public ears, just because it's so hilarious.

And to an old friend in SLC...I'll keep you in my thoughts until you weather the storms, and after of course.

My song of the moment (and if you make fun of me, I'm, well, nevermind...I deserve it)...I Hate This Part by The Pussycat Dolls. Yeah, once again, I find myself saying...huh?!

Happy Spring people...we made it out of winter alive. I mean, summer is only a few months away now.

No comments: