Monday, September 12, 2005


In honor of Grandparent's Day (which was yesterday by the way), this is the amazing Charles Knowles and myself in Dalton, Ohio back in July 1983. This was the summer when I lived with 'Grandpa and Grandma' for four months and learned how to feed chickens, take care of my own rabbit, plant bulbs and tend a garden, fish, ride a horse, ride a bike, read longer books, write bigger words, and use lightning bugs as a night light. Grandpa's been Amish since the early 90s and still gets up early, farms, and drops me letters in the mail. This man has had the biggest influence on many decisions in my life, hands down...and the reason that I love the smell of tobacco smoke to this day. Because I am still getting used to having a Grandma again, I didn't call my Grandma Hadenfeld until today, but we had a good talk and caught up. Remember to call and give a happy belated if you forgot to yesterday. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you hated tobacco smoke? And that's a very interesting story about your grandfather, I must say.

Sarah said...

I like the smell of it out of a pipe, but really I think it is the smell before it is smoked...my Grandpa smoked the cherry kind...I know, me liking any smoke...CRAZY!

m said...

oooohhhhh....that's cute