Saturday, September 03, 2005

Catching Up

The net was out in my house for a week, so I took a nice hiatus from typing and logged some stuff in my mind instead. Here's a flashback to what my week was all about:

GOOD

Beaver football starts today!!! Yes, in one hour, my face will be glued to the TV screen to watch the most ridiculous matchup between OSU and Portland State. This is such a stupid idea...how are we going to get ranked playing a small time team like them? Last year's LSU opener was a much more strategic plan. Now, we better just win.

I've had the chance to hang out with my friend Bruce again, so that's cool. He pretty much the same as he was in high school and college and a blast to hang out with. The other night while rolling with a crew of OSU alums, I met up with him and several of his pals, all dressed in U of O gear. Man, that much yellow and green just isn't okay.

My brother Jay works on the same street as me, so every time he sees me drive by, he calls to check in. It's been my regular way of keeping up with his life, which includes dating his first brunette ever. This is a big deal, really.

FUNNY

Last night at the Triple Nickel, I watched as a girl took a guy taller than her down to the ground and started to choke him. It was hard to miss considering they fell directly on my foot. We all kind of stood there thinking it was a joke, but she just kept choking him, and the bouncer rushed over, pulled her off, and then kicked the guy out. Yep, the guy deserved it and got 86'ed.

Before heading to the Triple Nickel last night, my friend Chris and I stopped by his buddy's house to witness a Fantasy Football draft. In attendance were twelve pretty cute guys, dressed in football jerseys, crammed around a table full of sheets of paper and laptops shouting out draft picks. I was the ONLY girl there, and though I love football, this whole concept just doesn't make sense to me. Chris and I thought about sticking it out to create a drinking game out of every time they bought a player, but ended up scramming after a half hour. Talk about bizarre.

TV worth watching: So, Family Guy cracks me up. It is so random and out there. The new American version of The Office is actually great. Arrested Development and Scrubs start up again soon too, so I may just have to learn to sit on a couch so I can watch these shows regularly. That is only two hours of TV a week, so I think I can handle it.

The other night as I left the Horse Brass, I waved goodbye to my friend Pete, who responded by saying, "Waving is for yuppies" and gave me a hug instead. It cracked me up.

BAD

What a worm: On Monday I went into the DMV in Salem to finalize my Oregon identity. Little did I know, my ex-stepdad from high school works there. This guy was a true asshole on so many levels, and seeing him made my blood boil. I sat in the waiting area for an hour trying to burn a hole in his head with my eyes, but apparently failed because he remained standing. After I left, I got so worked up that I had to shut the door to my office and zone out for a while. I had no idea that seeing him would unearth so many feelings of anger and discomfort, but it did, and I didn't like it. Looking back, I am pissed that I let him get to me, but he really did cause some extreme chaos in my life and family. Man, hate is a big word, but I think I dug it up Monday.

The Ducks won their first game of the season. Sorry Dad, they aren't supposed to do that. I foresee a beating on their turf this year for the Civil War.

The fat gas hike has created quite an expensive commute for me. Time to get a scooter.

Alright, gotta go watch OSU slaughter PSU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed your blog this week. It seems like forever since you posted. I’ve been stuck reading the blogs of my classmates in my web writing class ~ most of whom talk about stuff like textbook exchanges…boring!

And oh my gosh – Jay’s dating a brunette. That is HUGE family news. Maybe bigger than you meeting our dad after so many years.

And I can’t believe you saw JW (was it that ex?) at DMV. I’m gonna call you right now so you’d better be home.

Take care & write more often
~ Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Arrested Development is definately good stuff.

That, and better luck next time burning holes in people's heads--tai chi would help you concentrate better.

Anonymous said...

I said "waving is for yuppies"? I thought I said "waving is for wussies," but I think 'yuppies' is funnier.