Friday, October 07, 2005

Family Week

Hmmm, it's family week here at the bungalow, as my sister and nephew arrived on Monday night to trash my apartment with loads of toys and hippy scented lotion. Here's what's been on my agenda:

Introductions: I took my sister to meet our dad this week for the first time since she was five. They got along very well and Cedar took to him immediately...must have been all those bad jokes :). Last night we headed over to his house for dinner so that she and Cedar could meet the other sibs and dad's wife Sandy. Cedar, Kyle, and Scott all have the same hair and had a great time together, and Jennifer has a ton in common with Sandy. All said, I think the meetings opened up yet another door in our family, and it makes me happy.

Thanks angels: This morning on the way to work, Scott was in a six car pileup on I-205. He got rear ended by a semi and his car was totaled. Amazingly, he appears to have no traumatic injuries and only had to go to the hospital for an evaluation. Dad said the doctors said he should buy a lottery ticket because he's a lucky one to have walked away from the accident alive. People are really driving like assholes out there on the wet roads. Could it hurt to slow down and keep your distance, especially behind my family members?

Days off: I have today and Monday off, creating a nice 4 day weekend. Of course, it will be jam packed with family time, in Salem of all places, but I think I can handle it. Eeegh. Good thing I don't head down til tomorrow morning and we're going directly to the coast for the day.

New music: Okay, not so new, but I finally ordered Final Straw by Snow Patrol and twentysomething by Jamie Cullum. Both are good. Actually, Final Straw is great. I can't stop listening to it.

Alright, this wasn't much, but tonight I'm headed out to Portland City Grill and some other places to hang out and have a fun night, so I'm off to go get some cute BUT comfortable shoes. Trust me, I learned my lesson last week about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to slowing down--I don't know what it is, but I suspect it's the newbie residents, myself.

Tailgating is a horrendous evil--is it really worth the risk of a car accident to get there three minutes earlier? I've got serious neck problems because of a prior car accident, and am very adverse to having another...