Monday, October 17, 2005

Stupid People

Sorry, this title is a little mean, but COME ON!

1) While in Salem the weekend before last, I saw a VERY pregnant woman in a VERY smoky bar. As the designated driver of my crew, I wanted to have my huge friend Beck just throw this stranger over his shoulder and haul her out to my car so that I could drive her and the future kid home. Apparently, if she would have asked for a drink, they would had to have served her too. Disturbing.

2) Today I was cruising back to work, and a guy on a motorcycle passed me, drinking Starbucks. There clearly wasn't a cup holder on his small bike, and the guy was all over the road while fumbling with the coffee. This whole idea doesn't resonate as safe in my mind.

3) Went to a karaoke spot this week with friends and had to endure the incredibly boring 'God I hope the record exec is in the house tonight' singers. You know who they are...they stand up there, completely stiff and emotion free, but give their all to that serious tune that will hopefully get them swept off to recording contract land. FYI...Karaoke is purely for making an ass of yourself or completely engaging the crowd in your act. If you aren't up for that, go find an open mic night.

4) Just read this and then click on the other link at the end of the story to see the pictures. You will totally agree that these people are stupid.

5) Get down girl, go ahead get down. Okay, last night I downloaded Gold Digger by Kanye West into my iTunes and felt my IQ drop about 50 notches. But I really like the beat, and the lyrics crack me up. God, it hurts to admit this.

6) BCS didn't rank Oregon State this week. Jerks. To those six who voted for us, you are not stupid...just please get the rest of them to believe you next week and vote us in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the pregnant woman thing--that's just scary. At least what she's doing is the lesser of two evils: there are fewer teratogens that affect a developing fetus later in pregnancy.

The guy on the motorcycle--well,
"hey, you: outta the gene pool!"

I'm gonna second #3, 4 & 5, and I don't know much about football.

Anonymous said...

It seems that U of O has more believers right now as they rank anywhere from 13th to 15th depending on poll. And Cal is still 25th????? Life is not fair and neither are rankings.
By the way , if you haven't already, check out the new Franz Ferdinand cd. It's very good

m said...

There have been serious court cases involving the service of alcohol to clealy pregnant women in bars. There is one argument (which is technically true but still beside the point) that says it is discriminatory to have a policy or law against serving pregnant women alcohol BECAUSE...only women can get pregnant and therefore it is sexual discrimination.