Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Game #11: LOSE

Oregon State 14
Oregon 56

I've waited too long to post the final score of our losing season, but the mourning has to stop at some point. Oregon managed to slay us in the Civil War, even with those ugly uniforms that:

1) Look like they have polka dotted shoulders from far away.
2) Appear like a kindergartener took cheap yellow tape to mark the numbers on the backs.

Apparently, the better looking uniform doesn't cut it in the decision process for winning anymore. It worked for the Dallas Cowboys when I picked them as better dressed during Superbowl XXX in 1996. Of course, my huge crush on Deion Sanders that year kind of solidified my choice too.

My dad (a Duck) found it completely funny to call with this joke some time in the third quarter: "Hey, my TV screen is really foggy right now. Can you look at the game on yours and tell me if we (the Ducks) are winning?" Oh, ha ha. (Oh, if you missed the game, it was super foggy on the field and you couldn't see a damn thing.)

So, no bowl game for my first year back in Oregon. No pride in beating that green and yellow team. This was hands down one of the most unexciting seasons we've had in a long time actually.

Rest in peace 2005 football season. I'll keep my hold on hope for next year.

1 comment:

Stephens said...

It appears you are a fellow OSU grad, or else have some other less obvious connection to the Beavs. For this, I commend you.

Mosly I wanted to let you know that your 'title' or 'header' that explains the reason for you blog (top of the page) is exactly the reason I started mine. Thank you for the honesty. I didn't have the balls to say so on mine.