Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My New Codename

As promised, my friend Jamie has morphed my name on his blog from Single Forever to (Not So) Single Forever. Besides being proud of my new codename, I enjoy how he describes it all (and gives evidence that my name has officially been adjusted):

Last Friday, I caught up with Single Forever, who unfortunately gentlemen, is not single anymore. She's hooked up with a lovely bloke by the name of JT (although his initials are actually JS) and he went to the University of North Carolina so we talked a lot about college basketball on Friday as we watched the Blazer game at the pub before going back to Scooter's to catch up with some more old friends.

...Tomorrow, Rivjuando and Soule Sista, will be joining (Not So) Single Forever and yours truly for the Death Cab For Cutie concert at the Crystal Ballroom. It should be a blast, if their new and past work is anything to go by.

And a note to Jamie, it's been fun having you back in Portland. I highly advise that you put in for one of those severance packages and completely relocate to the area. Look, the sun is even out for your last few days here. Isn't that incentive enough to become a permanent foreigner? I'll be waiting patiently.

2 comments:

Jay Bee said...

Thanks for those kind words Sarah and please let the mutual backslapping continue.

I walked past PGE Park earlier today and saw the Portland Beavers have their first home game in April 2006. That might be a bit soon, but hopefully I'll be back before you even noticed I had left.

Hope the Beavers win for you this weekend.

JB

m said...

I'm not so sure how much I care for codenames these days. I used to have a nickname in high school: M-DOGG. Sometimes this was abbreviated as simply "DOGG". Now that I am working, for the time being and in addition to another job at a NICE restaurant, at Chili's...Jon has re-named me "Chili-Dogg". No bueno.