Sunday, November 13, 2005

Shopgirl

I went and watched Shopgirl on Friday with a couple friends and really enjoyed it. Jason Schwartzman's character in particular, is absolutely hilarious, and I love most everything Steve Martin takes part in.

A great factoid about this movie is that the lead singer of Red House Painters, Mark Kozelek, plays Luther, a lead singer on tour with his band and Jason Schwartzman's character. He contributes several songs to the movie as well, but they were hard to find online and in iTunes because this guy sings with several groups, and the soundtrack for the movie has been purely reserved for the score. The best song, Carry Me Ohio, is actually by his group Sun Kil Moon, and I found it while surfing through a good 60 tracks by all his different bands. This song now holds rank as the FIRST song I have ever purchased from iTunes...I am joining the ranks of the legal downloaders, sheesh.

Alright, go see Shopgirl...you'll like it.

In the meantime, I will be increasing my collection of songs led by Mark Kozelek...I love his voice.

No comments: