Monday, July 25, 2005

Barracuda sucks, and a few other things

I got it all this week, so read on...

GOOD

The weather is so f**king awesome that I can only describe it with that expletive. Sorry non-cussing readers. On August 1st, my office mates and I plan to go a month without saying a bad word. Yeah, we'll see how @&*^$ easy that is to %#@&* do! It's better than giving up sugar like two of them did this month.

My dog quit limping around the house, so I took him to the river and let him swim the day away on Sunday. Now he is just walking really slow. Guess it's time for glucosamine. Oh, the good part here is that he got to swim and bring back a floating ball 300 times in 2 hours. It's the simple things in life when you are a dog, come on.

MIDWAY

Alright, I am making a request that anyone who thinks they have the perfect ideal boy (make that man) for me, bring him on. I've been on a few dates with a new guy, but I am ALREADY ready to put him in a nice glass jar labeled 'friend' on the shelf. And he even has the spin around factor people!!! So apparently that trait just isn't cutting it anymore...did I mention that in my pro/con list for Adam in our final days, spin around factor was one of the only things listed on the 'pro' side? Yeah, that helped me to put my priorities in perspective pretty damn quick.

BAD

Talk about bad...Barracuda lands here. Have you ever been there? Apparently, it used to be Banana Joes. That place is horrendous. I wouldn't have gone, but I was with a group of seven people, we didn't have to pay the $10 cover because we knew someone, and we were just 'in that mood' for slimy entertainment after a partially mellow evening on Hawthorne. Once again, I got to have a meat market experience as the designated driver because I was on call for work (more on that in a minute). So, at the front of the dance floor was what I will call the skank deck...a bunch of scantily clad girls on a raised platform sluttily shaking their booties for all to see. Then there were these two very hot guys walking around at last call...each one rotated through a few girls each, I am guessing in a desperate attempt to score a date home...ewwww. Not exactly hot after all. Oh, and we had VIP wristbands. What a joke. You get to go hang out with a ton of idiotic people who think they are really cool in their VIP wristbands. The only part I enjoyed was that someone in our crew decided to sport a Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt just so "I can be that guy in the Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt," he said. He got into it, and it was hilarious.

Being on-call sucks. Try answering a page at 2:45 am on Friday into Saturday. I happened to still be awake, but it was still a pain in the ass. I guess the plus here is that they comp me an extra $175 for the week. Maybe I'll stop complaining when I get the check.

Alright, that's all. Song of the week is We Looked Like Giants by Death Cab for Cutie. I dig it. So should you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice to meet you yesterday! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say good bye before you took off.

Regards,
-Pete

Sarah said...

Likewise Pete. Yeah, you were in the abyss of the 'very bad service' bar when I left. I'm sure we'll have much better luck with the Apotheke servers!