Friday, July 15, 2005

Yeeeeah, I Beat Pete!

Alright, so it's time to update this thing and fill the world in on all that 'is' at the moment. Hmm, let me think.

I finally went to the Oregon coast last Saturday for the first time in MANY years. I went with three friends, and we strategically arrived at Court's parents' beach house in time help prepare the fresh salmon caught that afternoon and to pull the crab pots off the boat. The dinner that followed was one of those 'laaaaaaaaaa' meals in life where you are just content. Then we played with five little kids who pummelled us with pillows and begged to be tickled. Loved it.

And in not so Oregon Coast news, I decided to go with a bunch of pals to Wet Wednesday at Whoosong and Larry's this past week. Wow, once again, the 'meat' was fresh and terrifying, so I stuck close to the traumatized 25 year old divorced boy and his best friend and eventually just bolted to SE to hang with good friends instead. Skip this event...one person water skiing and getting poisoned by all the toxins in that Willamette water...ugh. Though next week, we may take a boat out instead. That could make it fun.

Last night, I went out to celebrate a friend's 25th birthday. Damn, that made me feel old. I experienced Ringler's for the first time. That place could be fun, but please shoot me if I ever even think that I will find a husband in a place like that. Slimy, slimy. Always take cute friends of the opposite sex to protect you. Also include Voodoo in this. Went there on last Friday as the designated driver nonetheless. Some guy was actually trying to get me to walk over to him by waving me over with his finger. Uhhh, no.

Oh yeah, I finally get to meet Pete next week. He's a good friend of my good friends, and his blog is entertaining, so check it out sometime.

Highest on my list at the moment is tomorrow night. I'm getting together with ten of my good girlfriends from college for the night, and we are going adventuring. My big goal is to drag the married ones out as late as possible. Of course, they could be dragging me instead. Speaking of dragging, I'm tired. So I am going to go take a nap now. Good prep for Friday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DAMNIT, YOU BEAT ME! Hahaha, good job.

See you next week!