Saturday, July 02, 2005

Ogle Fest

Last night, I had my first 'meat market' experience since college. We hit McFaddens in Ptown with a crew of fifteen for a free Parrott Bay drinking promo. I'll start by saying that the rest of the weekend will be water for me, thanks. Today, I am going to the Blues Festival, so I hope it doesn't hurt my head. Eegh.

Meat market bars are an interesting experience. The boys are bold, slimy, frat boy carbon copies and they stare you up and down with no class. Mmmm, what a wonderful experience it is to be paraded every time you stand up and walk. I had Adam with me (don't ask), so I luckily just got to watch as my friends got bombarded by awkward weirdos who had a hard time standing up and an even harder time delivering smooth lines. At the points where I was off by myself though, I just felt the slime oozing from the eyes of boys, including one moment where three stood directly behind me in a group all beaming smiles from six inches away as they looked me up and down. Ewww.

Remember The Peacock in college? Forty year old men would stand on the perimeter of the dance floor, drink in hand, hoping that a spritey young college girl would flock their way. I always wanted the bouncers to drag their asses out by the balding hairs on their heads, but they just stood and ogled.

So McFaddens, I had fun...but I think I will stick to the pubbish road for the majority of my outings.

No comments: