Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Fourth Y'all...Here's the Goods

GOOD

As promised, I followed up the meat market experience of Friday with trips to The Belmont Inn and the Horse Brass on Saturday night. Yes, pool and darts with a bunch of laid back guy friends is much more fun than hyped up ogling ughs. And both these places are really cool. You could spend hours just staring at all the random stuff on the walls at the Horse Brass. And as additionally promised, I drank water the entire night.

It is pretty odd that every time I am out with my friend Brian from AK, we run into my friend Marcus from AK. He was chillin at the Horse Brass after work, so we got to catch up. We also had another random Alaskan in our group who even knew Marcus's sister and went to his high school. Small little world we live in.

Yesterday, Jess, Bill, and I decided to hit the city park trails that wind through the Pittock Mansion, the Japanese Gardens, and the Hoyt Arboretum. We cleared six miles, and I must say it helped to clear my mind too. I'll be hitting these trails again for sure. Much better than going into the gym, and dog friendly, nice.

Free day off from work. Paid too. Can't ask for much more than that.

BAD

Okay, this past week held many irritating moments for me, but what's the point in rehashing them? I'm still in that learn as I go mode when it comes to balancing my life out. As much as I'd like to see the teeter totter hit an even keel, I don't think I'll be there for a while. I'd love to be, but it just doesn't always work that way. So stay tuned. I'll get there.

No comments: