Sunday, July 31, 2005

Another Week Goes

I've had a busy and semi-productive week. The weather has been great, and I got to see a ton of my favorite people, so here it is in descending order:

Last night, I went to Robin's brother Darren's wedding. It was a long welcome event, and he cried first and more than his bride, so it was really cute. Oh, and we had 20 tons of tri-tip, oysters, clams, and chicken all cooked in a fire pit for the dinner. Talk about a good way to go. Full bar too. It was a big party, but ahh, I had to drive home, so I had a hell of a lot of soda instead.

Did I mention how much I love spending time with the people who were at this wedding? Robin's mom Kay refers to us all as her kids, and Doug just makes me laugh. Trina's parent's were there too, and I love that every time I see them, her dad hugs me goodbye and says, "We love you." In my opinion, they're all part of the reason I turned out so normal. Must say I appreciate that.

Friday, I had one goal. Won't mention it, but it was quickly accomplished thanks to Mike and Brian's friend Wade. Anyway, I went to a going away BBQ with Mike and Brian and got to see my friend Steve for the first time in a couple years. It was odd to be in a house where almost 50% of the people were Anchorage natives. What's with the common crossover from P-Town to Anchorage? I hear there are some comfortable similarities here for most of them.

Thursday night, I hung with Stef and Aimee for the evening. Stef is my first friend in a while who is planning a pregnancy. So next year, we may all have a bouncing baby to play with instead of a bunch of dogs. That should be an adjustment. Later on, I got to see my friend Lee for the first time since I moved back. I've known him so long that I can calculate what every expression on his face means. Historically, he has made me laugh, cry, and scream. We definitely had a war or two in our teenage years, but nothing ever stuck, and I love him.

Finally met Pete on Tuesday. He's an intelligent and entertaining one, and he has good taste in drinks. Caught up with Marcus too, who filled my ears with some good stories. In my opinion, this boy is a risk taker of sorts, but I imagine it keeps his life interesting. His best friend is my fave Alaskan, Jon, who's coming to visit in a couple weeks. That one is another risk taker in my opinion, but apparently, this could be blown out of proportion. But I have some protective pessimism about it nonetheless.

I am also increasing my caseload to ridiculous heights at work. I've managed to keep all boys on my crew, so I get less drama, more tough fronts. It's fun to penetrate their shells though because all my boys are really just scared and ready to change once you get to know them.

Well, it's 94 degrees outside and I feel like going to the gym to work out. Seems a little off kilter in my opinion, but I have been getting into these modes lately where I HAVE to go and get my energy out. The time it takes me to complete a mile is decreasing and my brain always seems to enjoy a break and some loud ass music from my iPod.

Hmm, a new song. High & Dry by Jamie Cullum. He's a piano man in his own right, and also does a kick ass version of Frontin by Pharrel. Come to think of it, he does a good version of Singin in the Rain too. I love piano players. Reminds me of this college party I went to the summer I lived at Fiji's where we were all very intoxicated singing along to Piano Man by Billy Joel. It was at some random house, and it's a good vague memory. I guess most memories that summer can fall into that category. So much for living in a dry house.

2 comments:

The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

Sarah Sarah bo-barah... more appropriate comments. Did I leave a message that said I wanted to nail you? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Very nice to meet you as well. We're gonna have to meet up again for beverages sometime!