Monday, August 01, 2005

Pretty New Colors and My Friend Gym

I picked a new template for this thing because I needed a change. And because I can't take off and go anywhere until my vacation kicks in this September, this was the extent of my adventuring for the day. I''ll be hitting another terrifying Wet Wednesday this week with a group of pals, but that hardly counts as an adventure unless rubbing shoulders with fake and baked people and getting hit on by drunk idiots counts.

Oh, I quit saying bad words today for a month. Yeah, this should be fun. My office is a mess of left and right filth, and I hang out with a lot of male species too. I am going to make it though...I f**king swear. Wait, no, I don't swear....that's what I am not allowed to do this month. S**t!

Anyway, I decided to hit the gym again tonight. Almost thought about taking Bailey on a jog, but I really couldn't commit to the idea of carrying a lazy 95 pound dog back home when he tired out, so the faithful 24 won out again. Last night I made a comment that I am going to the gym to flatten out my stomach, but according to my roomies, it can't get much flatter. Do I sense a bit of body dysmorphic thinking coming my way? Can't get much smaller than a size 4-6 when you are almost 5'10" I suppose. Don't worry, I am fine with the bod I got. But I still like to blast my energy because I think I have a little bit of appropriately self managed ADHD in me.

How many times have I mentioned how much I love my job? Today, I took two of my boys to check out their new high school. They instantly flocked to the team pictures on the walls to check out the 'cute factor' of their future female classmates. After, I took them out to lunch and they decided that they will save their allowance and take me out next. I told them that they should save it and take themselves out instead, but they just said, "But Sarah, we enjoy your company." These two definitely need positive adults in their lives. One of them smoked pot for the first time at age twelve with his dad and then did meth at thirteen with his mom. The other has a dad in prison for the same burglary that landed him in juvenile detention. Talk about skewed parenting. Neither of these boys will be going back home when they leave my program, and as good a choice as that is, it's still a bummer that it has to be that way. One of my friends mentioned that we should have parent credits that can only be given to people who are fit to have kids. Hmm, I'd vote that idea in.

Aight, I'm off to eat some Cocoa Puffs and throw some disc in the backyard for my dog. My song of the moment is NYC by Interpol. May have recommended it before, but it's so good, I don't care...download it.

No comments: