Friday, August 26, 2005

Read Jamie's blog, then go to bed

Well, it's past 2:00 am and I just took a cab with my friend Jamie back to the Beav from Ptown because we missed the last Max Train. We met some socially inept idiot who wore a shirt with 'goodfuckingmuffins.com' emblazoned across it, annoyed the hell out of me, but also scored us a cheap cab. On the ride home, he kept adding "dotcom" to everything he said...it was sooooo not funny.

Tonight at the Portland Beavers baseball game, I heard my name being shouted from somewhere for a few minutes, and looked up from the beer garden to see my friend Bruce smiling and waving at me from the stands. Haven't seen this guy in years, so it was pretty exciting and we ended up hanging out until 1:00 am. We would have hung out longer had Jamie had his way, because he was quite interested in Bruce's cute roomie, but I had to come home and pack for the big camping trip tomorrow, so I ruined his game. I think intercepting a matchup is technically a crime, so I owe him big time.

I've hung out with Jamie the last two nights and showed him around Ptown. He's a pal from high school who did exchange our senior year, so it has been cool to get to spend some time hanging out with him and listening to the extremely proper English he uses. Anyway, last night, we hit Goodfoot and Dublin Pub, and tonight we did Thirsty Thursday, Marathon, and Scooters. He is on a five month vacation from Australia and I am damn jealous. He's off to see more of the world, and then will be back in November for a few days in which I plan to join him for a Death Cab for Cutie concert. In the meantime, check out his blog, The Life and Times of JB. He gives everyone nicknames, and has decided to coin me 'Single Forever' after hanging out with me and hearing my stories. Let's hope that one day I will be 'Married Forever' instead, but I tend to agree that I am on a path of male destruction at the moment, so be it. Oh, but his blog is awesome. He is a journalist back home, and is using the blog to capture his trip and keep his writing muscles strong. Damn good I tell you.

Alright, gotta go pack for what actually happens to be the 10th annual camping trip. Thought it was the 9th, but apparently, I can't add, so that makes this even a bigger deal than before. We've been doing this ten years? Man, I am old. Oh, if you are joining us, just head 12.8 miles up Brietenbush Road off Highway 22 in Detroit. It's a guaranteed good time.

I'm sure I will have a ton to report come Sunday afternoon when I get back home. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout Sarah aka Married Forever. Since you "owe" me "big time", you could give me your ticket stub to the game seeing I lost mine. I'm shattered. I also lost the phone number for our fellow yearbooker. I have a feeling they are both at your friend's place. Did I mention I was shattered? I can e-mail you those pictures. I just misplaced your e-mail address. You have mine right? I'm good at losing things.

Have a good weekend at the lake. I'm sure there wil be juicy stories to tell.

JB

p.s. I'm from Australia and not New Zealand. That was to confuse dot-com guy in the cab. Weirdo.

Sarah said...

Hey Jamie,

I will save my ticket stub for you to add to your mad collection of vacation crap. And I changed my post to reflect your true home. That had me a little confused too...I KNEW I knew where you were from. Posted this tipsy though, so there you go. I'll ask Bruce to give me LZ's number again for you too. That guy was a damn weirdo. Ugh.

m said...

JB seems like an interesting fellow.