Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Good and Bad List

Haven't done a good and bad list in a while, so I figured that I could probably slam one out based on my week. Here we goooooo...

GOOD

Girl time: My friend Courtney and I had a girl's night on Wednesday, and yesterday, a group of five of us spent the day together doing typical girl things. I have a great collection of girl friends who span friendships as short as a couple months to as long as 15 years, and I appreciate all of them.

The river: What a perfect place to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon. Bailey got to swim, I got some sun, and I also got to see my friend Chris and his wife for the first time in two years. We had planned to float down it, but ran out of time. It takes four hours, so we're working on making that happen before the summer ends.

My cell phone: I love this thing because I can talk to people on my long drives home from work and get funny texts to cheer on my day. Okay, they are nothing new, but how did we live without these things?

HMMM

Must Love Dogs: Okay, this had John Cusack, and I LOVE him, but overall, this movie kind of bit. Diane Lane's acting was just tanked, and it all just didn't flow. But if I find a guy like John Cusack's character in this movie, I would be one happy camper, let me tell you. He was too cute.

BAD

Sorry guys: Last night, I was once again pretty tired, so I ended up never making it to Chopsticks to see Pete and Marcus. Once I headed home to get my car, I was as good as done. Oh, and Pete, you sound nothing like Marcus, so you betta not think you can trick me on the phone again. I swear I will make it next time. And hey, at least I know where it is now because it's by the Baghdad, and...

Waiting: Service at the Baghdad sucked this afternoon and some guy named Two Feathers kept bothering our tables and scared the hell out of my dog (who joined us for lunch care of dog friendly patio seating). Brian, Mike, and I waited over 30 minutes for our food. Yes, their food is good, but we had planned to eat fast so we could hit the river. Having patience was a pain in the ass man.

Dissolving marriages: Some of my friends are getting to the possible separation/divorce stage of marriage. Damn, this sucks. I was hoping it just wouldn't happen to anyone I know, but it is. That's all I have to say about it at the moment...it sucks.

Duh: If you don't know what this vague category is about, you just don't know me well enough yet to be allowed to know. But it includes having to bite my bleeping tongue and be very nice. I swear I will, but that doesn't change my viewpoint...punk.

Aight, Jon's mentioning that the lyrics to Candy Shop by 50 Cent are funny. Never heard the song, but I guess you'll have to give it a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were missed at Drunkyoke at Chopsticks--it was super-duper fun, ish. Next time, I think it's going to be boiler room.

And, don't think I won't try to fool you again. Not only do I sing karaoke, but I do a MEAN Marcus impression when I put my mind to it. Down to the grunty-chuckle thing he does. BEWARE!