Monday, August 08, 2005

Measure Your Life In Love

It's not often that a movie trailer gets me all passionate about going to see a movie, but this one for ***RENT*** does the trick. Kind of makes me want to go out and fall in love with someone too, or maybe just make out with them I suppose. Nah, who am I kidding? This damn preview makes me want to have someone for all the Seasons of Love.

Moving on, I think I have Jessica snared into seeing it because the always heavenly Taye Diggs is in it (oh, and HELLO Jesse L. Martin...damn, you are fine too), and Kim's seen the broadway production and loved it, so I'll have another date. Hmm, maybe I will stay true to my second to last post and actually score a male species who I could drag along too. Anyway, I've never seen the broadway production, but that won't stop me from getting in line on November 23rd to see this. Is it a crime to see the movie before you see the real thing? Guess I will have to make the production stop in Portland and give me a performance before November if it is...that'd be nice.

***The best preview is linked through the main site at: Enter the site then to Videos then to Trailers, so the hyperlink will only get you to the site itself. There's no direct link yet, and I am so not a computer buff...sorry, you gotta do some work to watch it, but it's worth it. Or if you have iTunes, you can watch it from the music store homepage.***

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

That preview drives me nuts, but I admit I'm curious. Hopefully the cast won't actually just stand in a row, singing and throwing sappy smiles to one another. There's a big difference between movies and plays, and you can't just film a play and call it a movie. Chicago was downright unbearable for this very reason. Seriously, it was one of the worst movie-going experiences of my life.

Anyway, the actual movie bits look like they'll avoid this. I assume the whole just-standing-there-and-singing portion of the preview is done for the preview alone. I'm really hoping so. (By the way, I am a somewhat regular reader of your blog. I've just never posted until now...)