Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Next Time, the Dog Eats You

Well, apparently running on the street and through the neighborhood gives men with no class permission to cat call, slow down and wave, honk their horns, and flash their lights at me. Wow, I had no idea that my exercise routine deserved so much attention.

Now I know that it is a good idea to always have Bailey with me when I go running. I had him with me tonight, and he did pretty well running alongside me on a leash. Anyway, by the next time we run, I will have him attack trained to run after their cars and bite down on their tires, arms, necks, whatever he can sink his teeth into. I'll let him jump on the hoods of their sporty cars and oversized trucks and snarl through the window with his massive wolf sized teeth.

Actually, who am I kidding? Bailey is way too nice of a dog to do such a thing. He would probably lick them to death and do a double wag with his tail in hopes that one of them comes home with me. Guess I will just have to do it myself instead. That should make things interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christ, what cretans. You need to move closer to where Marcus and I our--you need to be with your people :-)

Sarah said...

Pete- I imagine that'd be a good idea. I'm still surprised because I thought almost everyone in our neighborhood is married. Oh wait, they probably are and just don't care huh? Anyway, one day I will buy a house in a nice Portland area like Sellwood and live with my husband and 2.3 kids and be able to jog without idiots bothering me...the only problem is that I would likely jog straight to the pubs to hang out with you and Marcus, and that would just discount the entire workout. Oh well.