Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Now, This Was Awkward

So on Friday night I was out on a date with Mike, the boy I am probably boxing up and shipping to friendville. But anyway, I forgot to tell this story and it cracked me up. I'll just dialog it for you. We were at a club sitting with a group of people. I was between Mike and Jason, one of his apparentluy very drunk OR just socially inept buds...can't figure it out yet. You be the judge:

Jason: (Looking at me, talking to Mike) Sooooooo, you're not with your girlfriend anymore I take it.
Mike: (Looking at me with a 'what the hell is he doing' fear in his eyes) No, no I'm not.
Jason: So, what happened?
Mike: (Mike gives a short version of the demise)
Jason: Well (leaning fully across me to yell to Mike), this one is hot! Yeah, there's girls like this all over in the summer time man. Yeah, but this one, she's cute.

Yeah, so that was a little odd. Being that Mike is one of my best friend's roomies, I already know his story, so him having to explain his broken relationship in front of a girl he's been on a few dates with wasn't so bad. But damn, can people really be this socially stupid?

2 comments:

The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

Well, in relation to van!'s comment, I guess they truly CAN be that socially stupid...I'd maybe even have to say that this van! person is socially stupider than most. Congratulations on that acheivement.