Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Mellow Review

Well, I can't sum up life in good and bad this week, so let me just sum up my damn fine weekend instead.

Friday night I decided that I needed to stay home and chill with the 'fam.' Bill's 5 and 10 year old nephews, Guilani and Kenada were here for the weekend, so I played Monopoly Kenada and laid on the couch all night. They built a fort in the dining room to sleep in, and my dog scored graham crackers galore from the 5 year old. Pretty wild after a late Wednesday and Thursday huh? Little kids are so much fun to hang out with. Now I know why my dad is always home with my half sibs. Though I guess they're not exactly little anymore.

Saturday was my college girl reunion. One husband came at the beginning to show off a baby and was quickly scared away by our high pitched squeals of excitement to see eachother. Man, ten girls in a room who haven't been all together in years...it was great. About midnite, I went to pickup my friend Brian's roomie Mike and dragged him to a birthday outing with another group of friends. He's got dating potential, but I'm back to leaning toward boys being boys who are friends for a while again, though I am guessing I should play it by ear instead. I must have had fun though, because I didn't hit my pillow until 4:30 am.

Sunday was possibly the most perfect Sunday known to man. After sleeping in until 11:30, I went and had sushi on Trendy Third and then spent half a day on a boat on the Portland Waterfront with a handful of good friends. We stopped and had food on the Newport Bay dock and then watched the sun go down as we loaded the boat back on its trailer. It was one of those relaxing days that you just live for.

Otherwise, not much going on. I am taking my dad's mom out to lunch tomorrow. {rpbably doesn't sound that exciting, except that it is because we have barely just met, so we have a lot of catching up to do. Accruing new family members this past year has been pretty exciting I must say. Still slow going in some respects, but it's just nice to know that my dad is only 20 miles away and that I can go see him. Hmm, maybe I should do that soon again.

And of course, the job continues to be great. I had a kid run away last week, but I get to pull another one out of lockdown to take his place. Gotta look at the bright side in this area of work or you just get pissed. There are some great kids out there.

Wow, this post wasn't very exciting huh? Must be all that relaxing I did this weekend. Speaking of, I gotta go watch a movie now. Later.

No comments: