Monday, June 06, 2005

Condensed Goodness

Hmm, I am thinking that one category will do it this week, so here is a combo of the good, alright, bad, whatever:

Alright, I did finally watch the new Star Wars movie, for free on a TV, care of a foreign dwelling friend. It was good. Poor Anakin was just a little brainwashed though. More evidence to support that my child will never be allowed to serve in the military if I have something to do with it.

On another note though, Doonesbury ran a Sunday comic strip that simply listed the names of those who have been killed in the war since the end of April. Sobering, but a great tribute in my opinion. Gary Trudeau sure is cool.

The Starlight Parade was cool, for five minutes. Haven't been to it since the eighth grade and won't go again til I have kids of my own. Need I say more than parades are pretty torturous after a couple of floats?

New job is so great. The first time in a long time that I have been leaving work at the end of my days in a great mood. Bout time.

A 22 year old fraternity kid tried to get my number this weekend. No, no, no. And I am overly partial to Adam, so once again, no, no, no. Though A has some interesting tactics for keeping me interested, as reported by him to my friend Kim. Yeah, he should probably drop the tactic sometime soon. I don't get it, but whatever.

All you can eat sushi at Todai is pretty good. Definitely not Mio, but mmmmm enough.

I have to miss the Oakley graduation because Utah is a little far away and I don't have time off for a while, so bummer.

And speaking of condensed goodness, I must admit that my favorite soup remains Campbell's Chicken Noodle with all its sodium enriched yumminess. I can't even eat it without 500 saltines, but I think I am addicted to the stuff.

And here are some newer and older songs for you peeps to download: Staralfur by Sigur Ros, and how about Carry the Zero by Built to Spill because it is one of the few songs by them that I like. And Ulysses by Mason Jennings, who just toured with Modest Mouse. I have a love/hate relationship with his music, but it is a nice change from the typical.

That's all for now, so later.

No comments: