Sunday, June 12, 2005

Good, and the other stuff

Here is a list of my life this week, thrown into the good, the not so good, and some in between...

GOOD

Cool nonsmoking spot found called the Nightlight Lounge over on SE 21st and Clinton. I didn't even drink and the atmosphere remained pleasant for the entire five hours I was there for a double birthday celebration. You can actually smoke in the back half if you must, but I was impressed that the smoke mostly stayed put back there. Of course, there is this one bartender who NEVER smiles, and the fact that he was really cute made that a little scary. Poor boy.

Week two of the new job was as good as the first one. And this week, I get to go hang out with my kids at their foster homes, which for me, happen to all be farms. Can't wait to see the $30,000 Texas Longhorns and big pet pig that they refuse to eat.

Scrubs on DVD. I actually watched episodes 3-8 of Season One on Saturday night because I was feeling too sick and tired to do anything else. I love that show! And, I found a website that lists every song played in every episode. So now, my downloading skills are back in action as I capture the songs that make that show.

EEEN BETWEEN

My friend Brian Nelson is debating a move back to Anchorage because the money for jobs ain't up to par for him here and he's a little homesick because he works so much he hardly sees his friends. So, sad that he may leave, but happy for him either way. He decided to leave the Nightlight Lounge the other night early after a few too many Makers and walk (really, it was more like stagger) 40 blocks back home. About an hour later though, he did call to report that he made it home safely and that he loved me. Is this normal for all of you AK natives to be this crazy?

Boys. Not much to mention. But the above AK pal is planning to set me up with a buddy (normal, not crazy like him) of his before he escapes off into the wild. Now, do I want to add another one to the equation right now or just work on what I've got with the one at the moment? Hmm, I'm torn, just like the bad Natalie Umbruglia hit. We'll see.

NOT SO GOOD

Okay, my stir crazy ass can't handle this anymore...THIS WEATHER SUCKS!!! There, I said it. So make fun of me and remind me that I moved myself to Oregon. I say it every month, but hopefully, next month will actually be nice. Okay, props to Thursday, it was sunny and great.

Scary mom dream. Maybe because my sister and I were just talking about her, but I must say, I didn't like it.

I have this fear I may be allergic to shellfish because I ate a lot on Sunday night, and have been feeling borderline sick for the whole week since. That would make me cry, a lot. So let's hope that's not true.

And finally, a song or two to add to your collection, care of music...Never Meant by American Football, You Remind Me of Home by Ben Gibbard, Why You'd Want to Live Here by Death Cab for Cutie (which Ben Gibbard is the lead singer of, duh).

Okay, out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chait, just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm still checking up on you! write me an email... i think I lost a lot of the oakley folks addresses... oops. hope all is well.

cheers from korea,

ryan