Tuesday, March 15, 2005

My Reflective Night

My dad called this weekend just to tell me that Jack Johnson was playing on Saturday Night Live and to say he looked forward to me coming home. Oddly enough, he called my ex and left the message on his phone (I think I am still used to writing that number as mine and gave it to him, oops). Well, Mike called me at work to pass on that a guy named 'Dan' (that is 'dad' by the way, and his name's actually Marc) from Washington had called for me to tell me this. I find the fact that my ex would forward messages from other men to me a sign of the respectful times...he had no idea the guy was my dad and this guy said 'love you' at the end of the call. It is an interesting dynamic of a broken relationship that we have built in the last two months I guess.

So everything is officially set in stone as far as 'moving on' goes. Mike scored his place today, and I solidified mine this past weekend. I can't help but feel a little sad about this, and it feels odd to admit that. It's kind of like we are finally signing divorce papers on a relationship that we knew had no more spark to carry it any further. I'm sure this situation would have been easier if we had voided feelings and been asses to each other, but I am glad that we have maintained a level of respect for each other. I have seen some ugly demises of other people's relationships, and they just make you want to say 'shut up and get over it' because they're just so full of s*@t talking and jabs to make one of them look like the bigger person. Only it just shrinks overall integrity instead.

Alright, enough on that, let me tell you what else is on my mind...summers in Oregon. I cannot wait to get back home and take a trip to Detroit with all my friends, head down to Bend for a long weekend by Spark's Lake, go to the coast and pitch a tent on the sand. Oregon summers in the outdoors are the best thing that I haven't been able to enjoy for three years, so this is big. I love walking around downtown on hot summer nights too, and the idea that I will be on the Waterfront in Portland or down in Ashland at Ithaca Park for the Fourth of July again has me getting a good form of stir craziness that's motivating me to start planning.

Anyway, I am ready to go and have fun, so I hope you're all ready to come along at some point. Only 1.5 weeks left til' I'm pounding on your doors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so brave and I am proud of you. It takes a strong person to say and write how you feel and actually act on it as well. You are an inspiration!
love trina