Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sunny Skies in Oregon

I've made it to Oregon alive and in one piece, albeit quietly because my voice decided to not come back until late last night. Luckily, there was no need to scream for my safety on the drive out here, and the twelve hours of resting my vocal cords appears to have ended my week of whispering. This morning, the realization hit me that I wouldn't be going back to Utah at the end of this trip. I am here to stay, and the idea is settling in just fine. Now I am just awaiting the arrival of all my things later this week so that I can set up my new place and make it look like more than a crashing pad (which it has been in the past when I come to visit).

I have to admit that is weird to be back and not "just visiting" this time. Every other time I have come back, it has been to have a blast for a short period of time before jetting back to reality. I keep thinking of the last times I've been here...staying up all night, drinking too much, spending time laughing and reminiscing with my friends. Living here won't produce the same joyful craziness every night of course, but it is nice to know that I am where there are a ton of laughs and good times to be had.

So next on my plate is reality. That starts tomorrow with an interview for a company similar to the one I just left. Not necessarily the line of work I am dying to get into immediately again, but anything will suffice while I wait to hear back from other companies. I realized that I didn't want my last job either though and that turned into two promotions, free trips to Spain and Mexico, and a lot of amazing experiences, so who knows at this point.

I plan to quickly mix my reality and the qualities of my visits together so that I can enjoy being back here for the long term. I'll do it with responsibility and balance, but I plan to have fun and enjoy life out here. So the party with the mechanical bull is still going to happen (hey Jonathan, we'll wait for you to visit), the term 'last call' will ring through my ears a few more times, and more interesting stories will definitely be created between midnite and four in the morning. In the meantime, I've got some fun killing interview clothes to go iron.

No comments: