Friday, March 25, 2005

Signing Off In Utah

This is the last time I will write anything in here until I get out to Oregon. I can't believe that I have two days left and it is still seems a little unreal. But there is a huge truck sitting in front of my house, my last day of work was yesterday, I paid for my April rent in Oregon, and I said many goodbyes, so that means I'm on my way.

My anticipation has turned to exhaustion as I finish all the last minute packing that I failed to do this week because I was too sick to do anything. I am still at about half speed and my voice has been gone for three days too, so I am failing to feel much excitement about things at the moment. I just hope that everything fits in the truck or my car and my voice comes back so that I can sing along to music on my long drive to Oregon.

Here's to hopes that I will like Oregon for longer than ten days at a time, that a job lands at my feet in the next two weeks, and that the sun decides to make a long term friend of Portland so that I don't have to ship myself off to Bend or another sunnier place too quickly. I guess I will retreat back to something I wrote in January and remember that I will be surrounded by a ton of great friends and family when I get back, so I imagine that the clouds will be one of the last things on my mind anyway.

No comments: