Thursday, March 31, 2005

Somewhat Employed and Waiting for More

So my interview yesterday ended with an offer for employment no less than 24 hours later this morning. The pay is less than stellar, but I decided to take the position for now because everyone is hired on at part time status with up to full time hours. This allows me the option of moving into the better paying job when it arises with no strings attached and maybe even the option to work for them part time to make extra money on the side later on. Overall, any money is better than no money at this point because today was the last day that my old company paid me (thank God for payouts), and I can't just run out of funds while I wait for the job that pays as well and gives me as much seniority as my last job.

In the meantime, I applied for seven more jobs today. I even went outside my bubble and applied for some big corporate administrative assistant position. Right now, the idea of good pay and normal 9-5 hours has my mouth watering, and I don't think I will stop until that goal is achieved. Something about devoting years to social service is that I've worked such odd hours as three days straight sleeping at Oakley, then three days off at home, four tens at a residential for women that overlapped and killed my entire weekend, and most recently, five nights a week only to arrive home when no one is awake at midnite. Yes, the idea of running with the normal crowd is way up there on my list of priorities for now. Could you blame me?

I got word that my moving truck officially arrives tomorrow morning. This is pretty exciting considering that all of my possessions short of my dog and a suitcase are in that thing. I am a little scared to see if everything makes it because it was packed so insanely that boxes and furniture will have to be removed one by one from the top if I don't want it to all topple over and kill someone. The unpacking starts tomorrow with the big stuff rolling out Saturday, so wish me luck.

I just realized that this probably isn't that interesting to anyone but me, but I am printing it anyway. Soon, you will get to hear about my new adventures, me telling boys they aren't my type (or maybe them telling me those dreaded words...no, I'll let my ego stay inflated for now), and all of those fine things. For now though, life is pretty good with the first job offer and all my stuff arriving. But really, my fingers are tired, so I am going to eat some cereal.

No comments: