Sunday, March 06, 2005

What I Liked (and Didn't) This Week

Ahhhh, another week down, and it passed by with such speed and sunny skies that I am forgetting that it is still technically winter and that I have only 20 days left until I bid farewell to Utah. It's full once again of good and not so good things, so here they are...

GOOD

I won't spend too long on this one because I already dedicated a whole entry to him, but Jack Johnson's new CD In Between Dreams is absolutely spectacular (and yes, the crush is still lingering for him). 'Better Together' is adorable, as his the ode 'Do You Remember,' which I am guessing he wrote for his wife, sigh.

A 400 pound guy at Best Buy the other day was wearing a t-shirt that had Chick Magnet written on it in huge yellow letters. This made me laugh instantly, and I am guessing he knew exactly what he was doing. If he didn't, I would move this to the 'not so good' category.

I admit I was actually bored by The Motorcycle Diaries, but the scenery was so beautiful that I felt like I was on a trip with them...on my own nicer bike, not the beat up Mighty One. It motivated me to remember that travel is a necessity in life and not just a luxury because it's something I truly enjoy.

Life is getting easier as I run out of things to pack, so that is worth mentioning this time around.

NOT SO GOOD

Living with your ex-boyfriend: So we still get along just fine, but I have come to realize why sitcoms about this situation always suck...because it just sucks any way you slice it. Everything that minorly annoyed you about your significant other becomes glaringly irritating when you have broken the chain that once allowed you to complain about it. I imagine this will get its own entry at some point, so let me stop now.

My brother Jay just hit the quarter century mark today, and that just makes me feel old. He is such a gorgeous kid, okay, not a kid. He still has some growing up to do, but I love him all the same.

The Norwalk Virus lands here obviously. What an evil, loathsome piece of hell. Nothing more to say about it.

We Don't Live Here Anymore was possibly one of the most disturbing movies a girl can watch when she hopes to have one healthy and happy marriage one day. Let me emphasize the word one! If I or my husband acts like any of the characters in this movie, I will never get to achieve that goal. Don't get me wrong, it was a decent flick, but damn.

And that is about all that makes it on this week.

No comments: