Monday, February 21, 2005

Cloning, No Thanks

I used to think that when my dog Bailey was close to his death bed, I would consider cloning him because I am so downright obsessed with him that I am willing to buy him health insurance, pay more rent to keep him, and I even take him to work with me on a regular basis.

A Texas lady recently dittoed her cat after being saddened by his death, and claims that the new Little Nicky is the exact replica of her old cat in appearance and behavior. This sounded ideal for me to replicate Bailey in the same way, but then I got to thinking...it's actually pretty creepy. I mean, hasn't this lady seen Pet Sematery? Doesn't she know that one night down the road, after Little Nicky realizes that he could have been up in kitty heaven rolling around in the catnip, he's going to slice her ankles from underneath the bed with his claws and then attack her when she falls to the ground and is screaming out in pain? Not only that, Little Nicky will realize that he's named after one of Adam Sandler's worst movies ever, and then he will REALLY be pissed off and obliterate the furniture. I'm guessing that to top it off, he will intentionally knock over a candle and burn the whole house down with his once doting owner still inside.

This makes me absolutely sure that Bailey would appreciate it if I just enjoy the good ten years I have left with him instead.

No comments: